Tuesday, October 30, 2012


Artist Name:Obey Shepard
Title of Artwork:Fairy Eye 
  1. What common themes of style does this artist's work have (in all the images)? Most of his pictures have some red in it, and they also deal with the presidential candidate Barack Obama. They are also vectors.
  2. What common themes in the topic or message does the artist's work have (in all the images)? Most of these pictures have to do with the war or the military.
    .
  3. (Hour 1 Students Only) Describe the features that make it clear that Shepard Fairy's work is vector art and often created using Adobe Illustrator. His lines look like they have been created by Adobe Illustrator. The way he draws the eyes of some of his characters lets me know it was created in Adobe. 
  4. What stood out the most when you first saw this image was...
    . that she had little s's under her eyes.  
  5. This drew my attention because... I liked the color scheme in this picture. Also I saw the tiny skulls in her eyes.
    .
  6. As I keep looking, what also seemed important was... all the features he added to the face to make it look better.
  7. The thing I mentioned in number 4 seems important because... he added his own piece of character into this photo.
  8. How is contrasting light or color used in the composition?He uses color to make the picture look more eye catching.
  9. What directs your attention from one point to another in the image? The way he uses the colors to draw the same face maybe to symbolize difference.
  10. What seems to be hiding in this composition, parts of the image, themes, messages, etc.? The message seems to be hidden in this picture. The theme also is hidden.
  11. Why do you think this was partially hidden? I think it was hidden so that you can really think about what the theme is.
  12. In a paragraph describe the main idea of this artwork. What underlying message seems to be communicated. What is it designed to communicate or make you feel? I think the main idea of this artwork is to make you think of what the theme is. I don't really know what the theme of this picture is.  
  13. obey-shepard-fairey-eye-alert-print.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment